Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I hired a contractor for a remodel who did a terrible job,

Customer Question

I hired a contractor for a remodel who did a terrible job, and abandoned the project. Turns out the guy was unlicensed the entire time so I am advised I am entitled to recover all I paid him per Business and Professions Code 7031. I am also advised he may be obligated to pay my attorneys fees and civil penalties under Business and Professions Code 17200 et seq. Have been unable to locate an attorney who will take my case on a contingency basis.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 23 days ago.

Good morning Kitty,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your legal question?

Doug