How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Small claims and NSF check, nevada, I have tried but have to

Customer Question

small claims and NSF check
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nevada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have tried but have to send demand letter which I have but the person is no longer at that address
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: need to file
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

states: "The person or business that received the bad check must send a demand for full payment, plus handling charges, by registered or certified mail to the address printed or written on the check."

Have you done that already?