Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My wife has an insurance policy with Conseco worth $72,000.

Customer Question

My wife has an insurance policy with Conseco worth $72,000. We were told they changed hands and we haven't heard anything since. Many people have complained about being scammed by this company. What recourse do we have?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have a statement dated March 2015, telling us that the surrender value of the policy is $72,413.38.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If Conseco transferred your insurance policy, you should have received some notice of assignment. But, if you did not receive this and if Conseco has no way of informing you of the status of your policy, the best thing to do is to contact the department of insurance or the consumer fraud division of your state's attorney general's office in order to have them investigate the matter and determine the status of your policy.

If this is an issue affecting others, both of these agencies should be familiar with the situation and you should be able to get some information to help you.