Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I live in Wisconsin and my husband is on probation for arson

Customer Question

i live in Wisconsin and my husband is on probation for arson from back in 2008. he is on a p.o. hold for drinking (he post to be on no drink) but the night he got arrested there was a argument with me and him and broke my phone . can probation revoke him? it is two misdemeanor charges he is looking at and hasnt got in trouble in over year
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: wisconsin live in Prairie farm but barron county is chargeing him
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: well the night it happend i wrote a statment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is all
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 18 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 18 days ago.

It is highly unlikely here they would revoke his probation here.These are relatively minor and he has been on probation awhile.They might extend his probation or set some other stipulations.I cannot see them revoking him for these violations . Hopefully his lawyer can resolve this for less than revocation.I just cannot see this given the fact they are small offenses, he has been out for several years.I think the court will not revoke unless he gets into more trouble.He may have to restitute you for the cost of a new phone.That seems reasonable.Hopefully he avoids any further trouble until this is done.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thank again.

Expert:  Ray replied 18 days ago.

If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.