LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My wife has a pickline in her arm because its difficult to

Customer Question

my wife has a pickline in her arm because its difficult to find her vains.she is in a nursing home and they want to take it out my wife is having theeth fixed and she has to be put out, my wife has alshiemers and parkenson and cantspeek for her self. myquestion is does the nursing home have the right to over ride our wishes?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: mi.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: like what
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 22 days ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The nursing home can only have the PIC line removed by order of your wife's physician. The nursing home does not get to decide whether the PIC line should come out or not.

I see no reason the line would have to come out just because she will have her teeth worked on. Speak with her physician about what the nursing home is wanting to do---and no, they don't get to determine the medical care of your wife when it comes to the PIC line. Her doctor does.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug