Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have the threat of a sanction against myself, as a

Customer Question

I have the threat of a sanction against myself, as a licensed prof. counselor. Can you suggest an attorney specialized in working on this kind of matter. I need a defender.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan, and I own and operate two counseling agencies, specializing in substance abuse, relationship issues, etc. for over 20 years private practice.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, and the sanction they gave me 30 days to respond to was sent to me. Ethics principle 3 Competence-not substantiated, but with sustained concerns, Ethics principle 3, failure to address certain issue, substantiated, and Ethics principle # 3.a. Competence-failed to recognize limitations and boundaries, and Principle 5.a. Public statements about facts that were not empirically validated as facts. I was given 30 days to defend myself, or else learn more about pain management and addiction, the basics of drug screenings, and Suspension of my CAADC for not more than 90 days, along with a legal notice of ethics action to be placed in primary local newspaper in my hometown area of Mt. Pleasant, MI.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is the lawyer specialized in this field, what is the cost, and where is the attorney at?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would need the services of a local Attorney who handles professional ethics/employment issues to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,