Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am living in Redmond... Me and my wife applied for mutual

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am living in Washington Redmond... Me and my wife applied for mutual divorce in India and she signed the documents and sent me for my sign with notary .... who can help me to to notarize my sign on all documents
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: For Mutual divorce filing they need my sign with notary
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am living in Washington Redmond... Me and my wife applied for mutual divorce in India and she signed the documents and sent me for my sign with notary .... who can help me to to notarize my sign on all documents
Thank you for your reply.

In order for them to be accepted in India, you would need to get them notarized by an Apostille by a local consulate or through a service online, such as http://www.internationalapostille.com/india-apostille/?gclid=CjwKEAiApLDBBRC8oICb9NvKsg0SJAD9yOHsTzzncRy5b86u-LvO686t95A7O_adWjzFo7WC5OBY7RoCheDw_wcB

Or

http://www.vfsattestation.com/

Or
www.certificateattestationapostille.com

It has to be done in proper form for India though and you cannot just use a US notary.

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.