Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My adult son was diagnosed with syzo, Arizona, His is

Customer Question

my adult son was diagnosed with syzo
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: His is persistently and acutely mentally ill. he refuses to take unit- psychotic medication. if i were able to become his guardian could i then force him to take his medication by injectables
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you can indeed obtain guardianship over him and once you do then you can arrange for him to be forcibly committed to a facility and you can agree to him being forcibly medicated as well. But you would need to go to court and have a local attorney representing you and file the guardianship, since the court will require an attorney to be present.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.