LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

On August 4, 2016, we paid The Mill Store Inc., in LaGrange,

Customer Question

On August 4, 2016, we paid The Mill Store Inc., in LaGrange, Ga., $13,200 to replace our kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were to arrive the week of Sept. 19.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: On October 24 I filed with the BBB but have not seen it posted. I doubt a favorable outcome.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We live in Phenix City, Al. We were advised to seek help from an attorney in LaGrange to keep from "burning up all our money with an attorney having to travel." We contacted four attorneys in person. Three said it would be a conflict of interest and one never called us back. He had the number for the defendant in his phone already. I understand this "domestic profit corporation" has some serious debt problems already.
JA: Has any conflict of interest been documented or proven?
Customer: Nothing but their word.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 17 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

The BBB is not a governmental agency who can take any action against them. What they will do, is send your complaint to them and allow them to respond. You will then be able to accept their response to resolve this or reject it, at which point the BBB will likely ask the parties to voluntarily participate in mediation or arbitration. If they refuse, the only thing that the BBB can do is place a negative mark on their business. You can also contact the Attorney General and file a complaint, since they CAN investigate the business and their practices and take action, if needed. Now, if an attorney does not want to take the case, they can reject it. If there is a conflict, they can advise of the same. If you need to retain counsel outside of the county that is not a problem and if you sue and prevail, can ask that they pay your attorney fees as well