Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I saw a property on Craigslist in April of 2016, met with

Customer Question

I saw a property on Craigslist in April of 2016, met with the property owner, paid my deposit, and was given the keys to the property on May 1, 2016, . On or about, May 3, 2016, I moved into the condominium. I have openly and notoriously possessed the property. I have also been paying a monthly mortgage of $1,700 (sent to P.o box 5286, Miami, Florida 33138).On November 8, 2016, I was served a Complaint For Ejectment by the sheriff, on behalf of the"new property owner." I, unsuccessfully, tried contacting the person i initially contracted with. I have 20 days to respond to the summons, what can I do?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 21 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Did you sign a lease with the original owner? If so, what was the term? Did the new owner give you ANY notice before they filed the lawsuit?