How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am suing my ex-tenants for security deposit plus damages,

Customer Question

I am suing my ex-tenants for security deposit plus damages, Total of $7,275.19. I had court today in small claims and it has been contested and sent to Civil Trial in March. Trying to speak to a lawyer to see if I even need one.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure what the question is. I have already filed for a debt in warrant back in October after they filed for full deposit back.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

I am happy to call you if you wish. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to pay an additional $59 just to speak with you? Where are you located? Are you even in VA? Are you local to Yorktown?

Related Legal Questions