Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am suing my ex-tenants for security deposit plus damages,

Customer Question

I am suing my ex-tenants for security deposit plus damages, Total of $7,275.19. I had court today in small claims and it has been contested and sent to Civil Trial in March. Trying to speak to a lawyer to see if I even need one.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure what the question is. I have already filed for a debt in warrant back in October after they filed for full deposit back.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

I am happy to call you if you wish. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Doug

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to pay an additional $59 just to speak with you? Where are you located? Are you even in VA? Are you local to Yorktown?