LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I just found out that my Illinois drivers licence is

Customer Question

I just found out that my Illinois drivers licence is suspended for unpaid tolls.
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Over the span of 5 years, 45 violations have increased to just over 36,000 dollars. I ccalleda creditor that they do business with and they want cash up front. Cash that I don't have.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've not filed anything. I found out an hour ago.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a RR conductor by trade, my driver's licence is tied in with my certificate. If I don't have a licence, I don't have a career. I can do whatever it takes to pay the debit. I did not pay the tolls so it's my fault. But is it any way I can get my driving pprivileges reinstated.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. Please don't confuse excellent service with a satisfactory outcome based on your wants and desires. I can only explain the law to you---not guarantee that you will be happy with the outcome---any more than a cancer surgeon can guarantee a cure.

Quite simply, your driver's license will NOT be reinstated unless and until you pay those fines. So, it is a simple matter of doing what you must to pay the fines. Borrow or take from a pension plan you may have, get a second mortgage on your home or borrow from friends or family. There is no way around paying the fines in order to get your license back, and the fact that losing your driver's license will result in you losing your career is not a legal defense and will not get your license back. I am sorry.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug