LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I keep receiving a bill from a company that I do not know.

Customer Question

I keep receiving a bill from a company that I do not know. I've ask them several times to supply me with a copy of the contract with my name on it and I will then pay it. I only get a bad credit rating, and more letters. What can I do to stop this?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: lllinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It started about 4 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it. I do not know a company by the name of GreenSky out of Atlanta Ga. I have not sign a contract with them or apply for a loan with them
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 25 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

GreenSky is a third party lender that some contractors or other sales people you may have been contacted by use to finance a project that you need done, or the finance of something you may want to buy. You would not have dealt directly with GreenSky, but rather with a third party.

So, think back. Did you buy or contract for the purchase of an item or service in the past that you did not pay for some reason?

Doug

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thsnk you got yout support. I have contracted to have my AC fix, and I'm making a payment of $400 to them each month. I do not know GreenSky, nor have I agree to have their service. I have ask for a document from them which I have sign, and I will/would keep my end of the contract and paid the bill. I have not ask GreenSky for a load or to finance me on any project. So, far GreenSky refused to send me a copy of any "contract" between them and myself. Meanwhile, my credit score is falling through the floor.Vernon McFadden
Expert:  LawTalk replied 24 days ago.

Whoever sold you the AC probably arranged to have it financed for you through GreenSky.

Contact the sell of your AC unit and they will have the contract that you signed for the financing. Alternatively, you can sue GreenSky and seek a declaratory relief judgment from the court ordering that you owe them nothing. If you get that you will be able to have the credit report modified.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 24 days ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug