Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Nevada. California has a Brady record on file from

Customer Question

I live in Nevada. California has a Brady record on file from 25 years ago which is in error. I need it removed so I can own the gun I've owned for 22 years. It takes the Superior Cpurt to do it. I can't afford legal fees. How do I proceed?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. The filing says I was admitted for psychiatric treatment. A judge ruled that I need not be admitted.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The record is in Sacramento, California. It originated in Santa Barbara, California.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think this covers it. I just need to know how to get a hearing in the proper jurisdiction.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Why do you believe the record is in error? Were you never evaluated for a mental health issue (so, for example, they have your name on a record that does not belong to you)?