LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My partner has willingly commited herself into a behavioral

Customer Question

My partner has willingly commited herself into a behavioral health facility. While in said facility she has been harassed, not only by patients, but by staff as well.
Because she feels to be more in danger inside the facility she has asked to leave AMA That was denied and they are now waiting on a court order that will keep for for more than a week.She is in legitamite danger in there and I need to know if there are any legal actions I can take to get her out of there before she gets hurt even farther than she already ahs been.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There was a breach in patient confidentiality that has now put her life at risk. This hospital is at fault and has no right to keep her here against her will while sh is in danger
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your partner's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The only legal avenue that is available to the two of you will be to retain a local attorney who deals with mental health law and to file a court action to have her immediately released. You will need to introduce evidence that she is not a danger to herself or to others in order to get the release order approved by the court. This will need to be done by you also retaining a psychiatrist to examine her and testify on her behalf.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can becompensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug