Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I recently received a personal income tax collection bill

Customer Question

I recently received a personal income tax collection bill for $8,40l.69 for year 1995 from the State of California Franchise Board. I was on disability from 1985 to 1995 at which time I went on Social Security. I do not know why I owe this amount nor do I have the means to pay it. Can this bill be dismissed on any grouns. I desperately need help. Thank you. ***** meo
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I am aware. This notice is dated 11-9-16.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The notice states that no additional penalties or interest will accrue if we received payment within 15 day from the notice date."
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you cannot afford to make the payment, you can apply for Offer in Compromise and provide information requested. If your offer is accepted, you may not have to pay anything back. Click here for more information.