Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Had a roof put on nearly abyr. go ,seemed all was ok They

Customer Question

Had a roof put on nearly abyr. go ,seemed all was ok They were going to absorb my deductible. .yesterday I got a certified letter from a lawyer in Dallas demanding the deduct or they will put. Lien on my house. I have never had a letter from a lawyer before... Ii am scared sleepless
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: san Antonioo , Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I only know of this letter. Tried to get a phone no. Of roofer....couldnt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I'm terrified. I also tried to contact the lawyer that sent me the letter...let a phone MSG. And an e mail. So far no answer
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was the deal you entered into supposed to include them waiving any claim to the deductible?

.

Do you have a contract in writing stating the full amount you had to pay?

.

If so, do you have proof of paying the entire amount due?

.

.

thanks