Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have an eviction notice and I was wondering if it needs to

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have an eviction notice and I was wondering if it needs to be notorized to be a legal eviction?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing has been filed it was just typed up by my landlord and taped to my door
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well reason for non payment of rent is because landlord refused to fix damages to our apartment due to roof leaking and causing rain damage
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If this is just a notice to pay or vacate, then it just needs to be signed and dated by the landlord to be valid. If this was a summons to go to court for a court hearing, it has to be formally served on you by the sheriff or constable.

.

.

thanks