RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Florida, No, Im looking for some answers in regards to my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, Im looking for some answers in regards ***** ***** dog
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it thanks
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Can you provide some more information please, so I can assist you? What would you like to know about your dog?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took him in to get vaccinations a couple weeks ago. I didn't want to get them when they said it was necessary I asked not to get them all at once and they said that it wasn't an issue.I took him in on friday, 2 weeks after his vaccines for blood work and his liver enzymes were through the roof (alt 650 normal is 100)I'm in the pharma industry and have been on exec comittee for a liver company, so I know what I'm talking about in this matter.Looking at retrospective studies especially in this breed over vaccinating can cause major problems.They will not admit that this could be the issue and are telling me it is something else. They also haven't reported adverse reactions to drugmaker which is required.They are taking no reponsibility and I feel horrible. I didn't want to do them bit felt like it was necessary based on what they told me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?

Thank you for your reply and additional information. I'm sorry about your dog - I certainly hope they're doing better now.

You could certainly sue them for damages, such as the cost of additional treatment for your pet to get them better, boarding costs incurred, and so forth. I'm not sure what that has run you thus far, but if it's $5,000 or less, in Florida you could actually file in small claims court (lower filing fee and cases tend to be heard more quickly).

The problem I foresee with your case is that you will have the burden of establishing that the multiple vaccinations is what caused your dog's liver enzymes to get so high. I don't doubt your knowledge in the field and what you are telling me about the studies done -however, that is not conclusive proof that this is what caused your pet's liver enzymes to be so high in your case. For that, you would need other evidence, such as the testimony of another veterinarian who can opine that the dog should not have been given so many vaccinations at one time and that in their medical opinion, this is what caused the the high enzyme count.

The cost of that may be prohibitive -e.g., you may spend more getting another vet to check your dog out and pay for their opinion that it would negate any potential recovery.

Please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, as that is the only way I am paid for my time, even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Yes, I'm here, I was just typing as fast as I could. Please review what I just sent and let me know what follow-up questions you may have for me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you...cost is and will not be the issue I will look into it further

Sure. My pleasure to be of assistance. I certainly hope your dog is doing better now.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page and pressing SUBMIT.

Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you!