How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved out of an apartment on 9/30/16 and waited for what

Customer Question

I moved out of an apartment on 9/30/16 and waited for what they were going to do with my security deposit (830) no response and on 11/1/16 I wrote a certified letter to the apartment and the management company. No response until Friday 11/11/16. I get a letter. I read the FL statues and it says they have within 30 days which would made that October 30th and it also says that on the lease. If it beyond that they forfeit and all my security deposit is returned. I believe that they are trying to wear me out but that's too much money for me to say goodbye to if they did not respond on time. I am trying to settle this without going to court and I think that a letter from a law firm may fix this without going to court.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What do you want me to do. To minimize will take you off my screen
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: The property is in Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only thing that has been done is I sent Certified letter to the apartment and management company. As I stated earlier, I don't want to go to court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like a letter sent by an attorney before I go to Small Claims Court
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 4 months ago.

Okay. Did you have a question though? This site is called "JustAnswer" because we answer questions. We don't provide legal representation (which letter drafting is, as it purports to represent a client). In fact, that would be against the terms of service of this site, which states that we can't accept legal representation so that we give you the most unbiased answer, without any conflict of interest.