Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Her checking account has been a joint account for the past

Customer Question

Her checking account has been a joint account for the past 10 years does this change anything. It's in her name as well as both my brother and myself.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If her checking account has been joint with all of you, still you have to justify the expenses and medicaid will not agree that she can pay for improvements to the property. They will agree she will be able to pay rent and even can share in improvements and taxes, but not pay the whole thing.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.