Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Please confirm: My landlord past away a month and half ago,

Customer Question

Please confirm: My landlord past away a month and half ago, and I've been occupying his rental property for about 6 months. My landlord has no next of kin, and no one has come ofrwars to claim the property. If I continue to occupy his property for the next 2 years will this property be mine.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, you would not acquire adverse possession of the property because you did not initially enter the property illegally--you did not enter the property without permission--uninvited. You entered the property initially with the Landlord's permission as his Tenant.

I am sorry that I do not have better news you.