Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Second opinion] - mother died 25 yrs ago. I always lived in

Customer Question

Second opinion] - mother died 25 yrs ago. I always lived in home. My brothers and sister don't want ant part of home. How can I get home in my name. I PAID IT OFF WITH HELP FROM THEM?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: WITH WHOM?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i WANTED TO PUT NEW ROOF ON HOME BUT NEED HOME IN MY NAME AND INSURANCE.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

The only way to get the title in your name is to: a) establish of recorcd who the owners are now. That is usually done by recording a Survivorship or Heirship affidavit; b) have each surviving owner sign a quitclaim deed to you.

I hope that this ANSWER is helpful and if you have no further questions PLEASE enter a FIVE STAR RATING. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.