Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a court date nov. 17 in Dearborn Mich. right now im

Customer Question

I have a court date nov. 17 in Dearborn Mich. right now im in AA rehab center till the 23rd. ive called my attorney seven workdays since the fourth no call back. todayi got aletter from him saying rehab is no excuse to miss. And in the last year and a half he has cancelled 4 dates without notifying me he doing it with lame excuses. said if I don't show up he is going to dismiss the suit. what can I do. Thomas bulger
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: im not sure what he has filed. I have the notice appear for jury trial. state of mich
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: im not sure whatyou mean . I talked the judges asst. and she said I have to talk to my lawyer but he wont answer the phoe even afte 7 days of leaving mess.s
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: like what
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is scheduled for the 17th---a trial?

2. What is the case all about? Are you suing someone? Are you being sued?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug