Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I made a contract with a kitchen-cabinet company, for

Customer Question

I made a contract with a kitchen-cabinet company, for re-facing of my son's kitchen (in his mobile home). I wanted it to be my gift to him. I was approved for $12,600 at Wells Fargo Bank, and my contract with the cabinet company was for $10,080, over 55 months, at 9.9 percent interest (I paid $500 in cash deposit.). Originally the date set for the work to be installed was Nov 28; however I was phoned by Eric, two weeks ago,that the installation was changed to Nov 14-16th. Both the Supervisor Lisa, and a finance person, Anna contacted me last week confirming, telling me to have all cabinets emptied by 8:00 this morning - 14th, as they would be arriving between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. I emptied the entire kitchen. At 8:30 a phone call from Mark (head of my project) phoned saying they would be installing on the 28th NOT today. I later spoke with Anna in finance who said, "We will be deducting payment of $9601 today." I phoned Wells Fargo to prevent a payment being taken out by them from my approved amount of $12,600 and they placed a "Dispute" on the account.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: After hours,Ireached the person in charge of financing and told him I did not want to work with his people at all,and cancelled the contract - being told earlier by Mark (project manager),"The work has not begun on your project yet."
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I need info if possible. Thankyou. Sherry Henry
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your gift to your son..

.

Do you have a written contract that states work will begin on the 14th or on the 28th?

.

What is your legal question that I can help with today?

.

.

thanks