Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son was arrested in his aunts house charged with

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** my son was arrested in his aunts house charged with possession of a firearm and a controlled substance in Washington DC. 1st time offender
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington DC.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes possession w/intent while armed. he was in the bed the weapons have never been used they were brand new. Long story short my sister inlaws house is the neighborhood house the doors pretty much stay open all day long so my son and my brother inlaw had the weapons for protection as I said they were never used. my son has never been in trouble in Washington DC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all I have
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly can I answer for you about this, i.e. what is your question?

For example:

1) How does a criminal case like this go?

2) Should he get an attorney?

3) What does ___ mean?

Etc.