Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am an RN who had a complaint made about me by a former

Customer Question

I am an RN who had a complaint made about me by a former psychiatric patient for allegations of unprofessional conduct. She contacted the nursing commission about this.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, an investigator for the commission sent me a letter and I am supposed to put in writing my response to the allegations.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 21 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your question?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Right now this is a preliminary investigation only and no charges have been issued. Do you think I need to consult with an attorney prior to making my response? Or should I go ahead and respond and if it turns into a investigation then consult with an attorney.

Thank you for the information.

Do you think I need to consult with an attorney prior to making my response?

Response 1: Yes. You should to disrupt the investigation. However, if you cannot afford an Attorney at this time, you can respond, but you need to be very careful what you say as your license is in jeopardy..

Or should I go ahead and respond and if it turns into a investigation then consult with an attorney.

Response 2: See my first response.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
OK thank you

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.