Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,
68197583

I have a question regarding the laws of animal adbandoment

Customer Question

I have a question regarding the laws of animal adbandoment (a horse) on an Indian reservation in California. The owners stopped being financially responsible for feed and care 9 months ago and I have covered all the bills. They have not once come to check on their horse in the past 9 months. They did know that the care taker quit and that's when they quit paying. I have contacted them.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not legally just contacted the owners
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did receive $500 in may in cash from the owner for feed after I called with desperate pleas, left notes and messages. we meet at the casino NOT at the barn. And $300 in July after the same extensive requests form me for financial help. That time he sent his uncle to the barn with cash. The total owed to me is $1969.30. I deducted the 800 he has given me. not
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Just to make sure I am clear, you were asked to care for the horses and the owner's have abandoned the horses? Have you contacted the tribal counsel to advise them of this situation since this not governed by U.S. law?

Have you contacted PETA at http://www.peta.org/about-peta/contact-peta/report-cruelty/ and they will make the necessary contacts for you.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration