How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6426
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding the laws of animal adbandoment

Customer Question

I have a question regarding the laws of animal adbandoment (a horse) on an Indian reservation in California. The owners stopped being financially responsible for feed and care 9 months ago and I have covered all the bills. They have not once come to check on their horse in the past 9 months. They did know that the care taker quit and that's when they quit paying. I have contacted them.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not legally just contacted the owners
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did receive $500 in may in cash from the owner for feed after I called with desperate pleas, left notes and messages. we meet at the casino NOT at the barn. And $300 in July after the same extensive requests form me for financial help. That time he sent his uncle to the barn with cash. The total owed to me is $1969.30. I deducted the 800 he has given me. not
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Just to make sure I am clear, you were asked to care for the horses and the owner's have abandoned the horses? Have you contacted the tribal counsel to advise them of this situation since this not governed by U.S. law?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Have you contacted PETA at and they will make the necessary contacts for you.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration