Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

62. I WAS WAS PUT ON RETIREMENT SOCIAL SECURITY NAD WAS

Customer Question

I AM AGE 62. I WAS WAS PUT ON RETIREMENT SOCIAL SECURITY NAD WAS DROPPED FROM MEDICAID. I WAS ON SSI DISABILITY FOR 15 YEARS BEFORE AGE 62. IS IT CORRECT FOR ME TO BE DROPPED FROM MEDICAID BECAUSE OF MY AGE?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NEW YORK CITY NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I GET AGE 62 SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS AND $400 FROM A PENSION
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THATS IT
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Questions:

Response: No. Also, you may have wrong information. Your SSDI (disability benefit) can only be converted to regular retirement benefits if you have reached your full retirement age and NOT when you reached age 62. At age 65, you become eligible for Medicare. So, you cannot be taken off Medicaid when you are not yet eligible for Medicare. So, you need to go to local office of Social Security Administration and sit down with a Claim Specialist to review your records and see what is going on.