Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Story short, I sold a guy a business for $7,000 with the

Customer Question

Long story short, I sold a guy a business for $7,000 with the agreement in writing that he would retain all liabilities incurred by the business. He did not honor that agreement so I have had to pay many thousands of dollars to the IRS for taxes that were not paid. Do I have a case, maybe even a breech of contract where I can take the business back?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NM
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

You have a breach of contract action, but only for the damages that you have been forced to pay that the agreement covered that he should have paid. So if he was supposed to pay the IRS $XXXX then if he doesn't, and you had to, then you can sue him for that amount under a breach of contract case.

.

It wouldn't give you the right to take the business back, only seek damages in the form of reimbursement for anything you have paid..

.

.

thanks