Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife's parents have given one of their two sons power of

Customer Question

My wife's parents have given one of their two sons power of attorney. My wife and I live in the same town as my in-laws in Florence, AZ. Both need to be in a nursing home and we can't get either of her brothers to come help us. Her father is in the hospital with knee surgery. He was run down by a golf cart and injured. The doctors asked my wife if he has ever been diagnosed with Altzheimers. He doesn't even want his wife to go to the hospital to see him. She has had a major stroke, and is presently at home alone. She has fallen many times and we usually have to get an ambulance to get her up. He is so stubborn that he doesn't want to put her in a nursing home because it costs money and he is very stingy with her. He recently bought a new Mustang and hasn't even been in it and she can't get in it. They want my wife to be at their beck and call. She isn't well, and we have some children problems ourselves and just can't do it. Since the boys won't come and help us get them situated, is there any way that we can get an emergency power of attorney. We are at our wit's end. Thank you for answering this question for us.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We are in Florence, Arizona, Pinal Couunty,
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are both pack rats. They have about 6 storage rooms full and their house is so full the ambulance crew has to clear a path to get either one of them out of the house. And, they are both extremely stubborn.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are your wife's parents willing to execute a Power of Attorney to you or your wife?

Are your wife's parents mentally competent?