Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

When i was in High school, i recieve my citizenship under my

Customer Question

When i was in High school , i recieve my citizenship under my father. I wrote my full name plus another first name i went by also, cause i remember the office clerknl said to write the name i go by. One of my employer did a background check when i wqs first hire and both name shows up. Do i need to correct my citizenship document since i never had a judge change my name? Or just get it replace and how would i go explaining it?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Legalease replied 28 days ago.

Hello there --

-

Are you a US citizen and have naturalization papers? If so, whatever you have written on your naturalization papers as your name is ***** ***** name in the United States. If the issue seems to become a problem for you, then my suggestion is to make sure that you have your naturalization paperwork available to show any potential employer or any other party or entity that requests an explanation of the other name that you carry. It is perfectly acceptable to tell anyone who asks that either name is ***** ***** you simply do not use the other name any longer. Other than this, you can certainly apply to a family court in the county where you live for a name change to correct any items on your documentation -- if you contact the family court clerk's office you can get paperwork to file to change your name and so long as you have a valid reason for doing so, the court will have no problems letting you correct the name and issuing you a court order with the correct name.

-

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so I will be credited for my time assisting you today? THANK YOU VERY MUCH