Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I hired a videographer for my wedding. They sent me my

Customer Question

I hired a videographer for my wedding. They sent me my footage but alot of things were missing in my highlight video and they kept stating that they used 2 films and I dont believe them. Also my raw footage I could not open on the link they sent and was promised a dvd to be sent and that never happened. I have been asking for an update and they have not given one. they are ignoring my emails, my calls and they blocked me on facebook.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have not filed yet. I was hoping after reviewing them on yelp I would have gotten somewhere with them but I dont know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be it
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

At this point, given their refusal to respond, I would raise the stakes. Send them a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the history, and demand they refund all your money. Inform him that if they do not comply with your demand within a short specified period of time, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that if forced to file this suit you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as gross negligence, deceptive trade practice, and fraud causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, they will settle this to your satisfaction without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages and the judgments being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!