Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Pearl! thanks for helping me. ah; we have two states that

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl! thanks for helping me.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ah; we have two states that will be involved, me here in colorado, and a friend in oregon.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are helping friends in Pakistan establish small businesses by sending them money to start up small stores for small villages in rural pakistan. We want to make sure that we don't break any U.S. laws by sending money to them.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are investing in actual businesses in Pakistan, then you are not violating any laws, but there needs to be proof of what the money is being used for. You are going to need proof of these stores being set up, because if you do not do so, then Homeland Security would potentially consider the funds as funding to terrorist activities and could seize your bank accounts. So, it is not illegal to send them money, but there need to be records kept proving the use of that money to protect yourself in the event Homeland Security demands proof.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.