Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Received a comcast subpoena letter, what is this? Utah salt

Customer Question

Received a comcast subpoena letter, what is this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: Utah salt lake city
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: it says that you are commanded to produce at the time date and place set forth below
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think this is a subpoena that they think we are distributing movies or copyrighted content.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 29 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The subpoena is an Order to either appear as a witness or to produce certain documents by a date and time certain. If you cannot comply with the subpoena, you can file Motion to Quash it and tell the Court the reason that you cannot comply with the subpoena. If you refuse to comply with the subpoena, but do not file motion to quash it, the Court can hold you in contempt and have you jailed if the opposing files complaint for contempt against you and prevails.