Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

On a new auto lease, does the state of Florida have a

Customer Question

on a new auto lease, does the state of Florida have a rescinder law & how many days after signing can you break the contract, especially when one feels
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: It's not property. It'a car
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: to whom ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I leased a car in Florida. how many days do I have to rescinder the contract
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

Unfortunately, there is no statutory right to cancel a lease in FL and it is instantly legally binding once it is signed unless the contract specifically says that there is a right to cancel.

.

And I have never seen a lease with a right to cancel because the dealer wants the person on the hook as soon as they sign.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks