Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

While we were talking. She reached into his pocket image.

Customer Question

while we were talking. She reached into his pocket image. and I realized it was the image of my father (my father died). And she says "I keep photos of your dad to make paper liners every time I pee" with people around as witnesses. So I should sue her? and how the complainant
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am afraid that I don't quite understand your comments... If you could provide some more information about what is going on, I will try to help.,,

.

While who was talking?

.

What do you mean by "pocket image"?

.

Who is "she"?

.

What do you want to sue this person for?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
thank you so much
We're fighting. Then she (the manager of the place where I worked before) took photographs from her bag. And she said those who insult my father passed away, I want to sue her.
Expert:  Barrister replied 26 days ago.

Ok, thank you for that information..

.

Where did she get the photos from?

.

Are they hers or did she take them from someone else without their permission?

.

Did she say anything that was not her opinion and can be proven to be untrue?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I do not know where she got the picture? She printed out a large photograph.
when she said that to me. a few people nearby. They can witness
Expert:  Barrister replied 26 days ago.

Ok, While it may be reprehensible to make negative statements about someone who has died, there is no recovery for libel or slander of someone who is deceased.

The historical reason for allowing claims for slander and libel is to protect the person's reputation and thus his or her ability to earn a living and enjoy the benefits of good standing in the community. .Once the person is dead, those concerns go away. . In some states, even if the person who was defamed sued for libel or slander and died before the case went to judgment, the action would be dismissed.

.

So even though the person said something that was rude and classless, this would not give you a cause of action to sue them because this person, even though a jackass, is entitled to their opinion of your father, even if it is not favorable.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks