How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 18362
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why was I given SSi instead of SSD and then SSI was taken

Customer Question

Why was I given SSi instead of SSD and then SSI was taken when my wife's son graduated from High School of which I have no legal rights
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

The only way you would be approved for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) instead of SSDI (disability benefits) is if you have not worked long enough to qualify for benefits. SSI is based on disability/age and whether you have limited income and resources. If you are disputing this decision, then you need to contact Social Security Administration for explanation.

If you are also disputing notice of overpayment, you need to provide information being requested by Social Security Administration ("SSA"). If you do not have the information, you need to let SSA know.