Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Why was I given SSi instead of SSD and then SSI was taken

Customer Question

Why was I given SSi instead of SSD and then SSI was taken when my wife's son graduated from High School of which I have no legal rights
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The only way you would be approved for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) instead of SSDI (disability benefits) is if you have not worked long enough to qualify for benefits. SSI is based on disability/age and whether you have limited income and resources. If you are disputing this decision, then you need to contact Social Security Administration for explanation.

If you are also disputing notice of overpayment, you need to provide information being requested by Social Security Administration ("SSA"). If you do not have the information, you need to let SSA know.