Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,
68197583

Disposed village clerk with pending workers comp action for

Customer Question

Disposed village clerk with pending workers comp action for depression and anxiety related to her treatment on job had her condition publicly disclosed in open letter by the mayor seeking to promote his own political position at expense of his political foes? Actionable? NY matter
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No- letter just sent out 10/24/16. the public letter by mayor. No legal action yet taken
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 29 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 29 days ago.

First of all who provided the Mayor with the information in the first place? This should never have been disclosed other then to human resources. If you do not provide me any feedback I cannot assist. Each situation is different and I need to understand how and why the information was made available to share to know who is the responsible party for breaching your privacy.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 26 days ago.

Private medical information should never have been made available to the public for any reason. If this has caused you financial damages you have a case against mayor at the very least.

Can you provide any additional information?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration