Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I supmitted a ccw app on 6/10 was dined for the not good

Customer Question

I supmitted a ccw app on 6/10 was dined for the not good enough reason,I have 15 days to appeal.but now that president trump will be making a change with ccw laws.should I wait for change or appeal,what is the cost for a written letter to appeal?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Ok
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington dc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I just opened the letter
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 21 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 21 days ago.

I suggest you want to file the appeal within the time frame that's required. You don't want to miss a filing deadline.

The fact is that appeals are very backlogged. After President Obama toughened existing laws by calling for more stringent background checking, staff who had been working on appeals were diverted to handle background checks. New appeals have not been heard for almost a year now, and it's not clear when they will ever be heard again.

If you file your appeal and Trump changes policy and relaxes requirements, then your appeal will be on file ready to be heard. You can expect that because of the existing backlog, it will take a very long time even after the law changes. So there wouldn't be anything to lose by submitting your paperwork now.

This will give you information about the appeal and link you to the forms you need to submit.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 20 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.