Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My vehicle was towed while parked in guest parking at

Customer Question

My vehicle was towed while parked in guest parking at apartment complex in Phoenix AZ
Tow company said no backed in parking is reason for tow. Signage is posted on building across asking lot on building.
Didn't notice until after vehicle was towed.
What can I do to get truck back have no money..
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 19 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, your complaint is with the apartment complex. If they had the area posted, even if it was on the building across the parking lot, they will claim the property was posted and you would need to sue the complex for not having any reasonably visible signs where you parked. I know you do not want to hear this, but you need to pay to get the truck back and then you have to sue the complex in small claims court to get the money it cost you back, since this would be an issue over reasonably visible signs about towing and about backing into spaces and it is something you have to sue in small claims court to recover on.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.