Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How would one terminate the rights of an unknown parent?

Customer Question

how would one terminate the rights of an unknown parent?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 21 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

They would not. I say this because if the parent is unknown, then the biological parent would not even know they had a child, if the mother does not know who the father is, to begin with. If the parent is unknown, then they could not be served or even placed on notice that their rights were being terminated.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay, so when it comes to my child and I having daycare assistance it is required by law that I apply or recieve child support same as for chip...so how does that work since the father is unknown?

If the father is unknown, you need to advise them of the same that you do not know who he is.