Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have an auto fraud case involving CARMAX, R&R Auto who

Customer Question

I have an auto fraud case involving CARMAX, R&R Auto who sold my 2004 vehicle to a private individual without changing the title; a smog technician who conducted a test without proper evidence of ownership, and a government Tax Assessor Collector Dallas employee who falsified my 2004 vehicle information, by changing the year to reflect (2005), the VIN #, and model. in one way or another, all of them committed auto fraud.
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: State of Texas, City of Carrollton. SYNOPSISAttached please find ten-page self-explanatory EXHIBITS that explain the history of the 2004 Trail Blazer, which my son, Alberto S. Careaga owned, up until June 16, 2014. My son traded in the 2004 Trail Blazer for a 2011 Cadillac. The transaction took place at CARMAX, located on 4448 W. Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093. On September 22, 2016, I obtained this vehicle history from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Regional Office Dallas, TX.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) who is in-charged of auto fraud. The case is under investigation. Do you handle these types of cases, or do you know an attorney who may be interested?
JA: I am Pearl, the lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Hello Pearl,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Simply, I cannot find an attorney in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area who handles AUTO FRAUD. Every attorney handles "auto injuries."
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid state law forbids any attorney on this site from representing you or any other customer. You can get a local attorney to handle the case and you cannot find an attorney who handles "auto fraud" because that is not a specific practice area of law. What you are looking for is a consumer protection law attorney, since they are the type of attorney who deals with these types of consumer fraud issues. So you need to get a local consumer protection law attorney to sue the violators, since what they did was commit a consumer type fraud on you and on the buyer of the car.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.