David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
19551178

My wife can not drive, can't get lic. She works at Walmart

Customer Question

My wife can not drive, can't get lic. She works at Walmart and I'm not all ways around to get her back and forth. We live in town less than 1/2 mile from Walmart. The speed limit is 25 mph some time she has to be at work at 4am and I'm out of town so she has to walk which is not safe. We have a golf cart with head lights tail lights brake and turn single is there any way we can fix it so she can drive the golf cart which would make it a lot safer for her than walking. Can't get a clear answer from police dept, can you help in this?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  David C. Garner replied 24 days ago.

You will probably not be able to make that work as to drive on the road she will need a license. It is not the vehicle that is the problem, it is her license status.

You might try a bicycle, or trying to work out an arrangement with a local taxi service. Perhaps they would give a discount for a regular arrangement.

That's about all I can think of.

I hope this helps.

DCG