Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Im from laurel ms on Tuesday night at 6:30pm my coworker

Customer Question

hi. im from laurel ms on Tuesday night at 6:30pm my coworker called me and asked if I could sit for her while her she takes her boyfriend to work about thirty to forty min later she comes back and we talk a good min I go back to my hotel room (I work at a hotel as front desk and I have been staying the last month). I get back to my room and about 15 to 20 min pass by and the hotel calls my cell phone and its my coworker she says that two people came in and asked about me and she said she doesn't give out any info about anyone well they slammed their hands on the counter and apparently says that I owe them pills.she continues on that she called the police to escort them and then she said she had to call our boss and I replied well of course you had to but why didn't you let me know anything was happening at that time. she said she didn't know asked me to come up there and sit with her. I told her I would. at this point im freaking out thinking someone is trying to mess with me because I have no friends I work all day spend time with my daughter and go to sleep and do it all over again. she described this couple to me and contradicted herself twice giving me two different description so I went on facebook showing her every possible person on my friends list. and I came up with several therios on what could have happen and she kept agreeing with me. I brought my phone to show her everyone in my contacts and I made a mistake and left my phone at the front no locak no anything as I went to go grab a ciggerate for her. when I return I sat there with her until closing as I closed up (I have the keys to the hotel) and she left I noticed I didn't have my phone with me so I went back to look and it disappeared. I tried calling it and it went straight to voicemail. I know it wasn't dead because it had a full charge. so I called her told her I was tracking it and she hung up on me. I tried calling back and she said her phone died. that was a total lie. she told me my boss said I was suspended until she came back from out of town and figure out what is going on. she said if I was you I go ahead and open up and get a couple hours in or until someone came in. well I woke up the next morning and called my boss and asked her if I was suppose to open up she said yes to just work until someone showed up if someone showed up. she didn't sound mad or anything at the time. so I went in for ten min left for my daughter dr appt. came back helped a different coworker with a mistake and then I left went back to my room. and around four o clock pm I discovered my phone was registered oh the android device management and I could locate my phone so I pulled it up and my phone was moving in the hotel so i went up there and the same girl from the beginning was up there and i told her i tracked it and she looked panic asked me questions i said i be right back let me go get my laptop to show you when i got to the room gps was cut off. so i went back up there and my boss called sounded surprised and told me that i wasn't allowed in the building do i know what suspension ment? i told her i was trying to track my phone that i need my phone and she looked past that i said that and told me that im lucky im still there after everything she found out so far about me so i asked her what was that she told me to hang up and go back to my room. My coworker has not liked me from the beginning and i told my boss two weeks ago i had a very bad feeling in my gut and the word set up pops in my head and two days ago this happens. this girl wants to get rid of me because of my connection with our boss(she is a woman and we are very close to the point she wanted to raise my daughter until i could get on my feet) and i called the police station and they never came here that night. i don't know how to word my question correctly so bare with me. is it legal to lie to get me up there to try and get me to confess to something that's far from the truth and when i don't say what my
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: jones county Mississppi............ also its very stange that also my boss has told me that my coworker over the past four months has been stealing large amount of money and she comes to work drunk. im sorry i forgot to throw that in there because none of this makes since sense
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no i haven't yet because i haven't been able to talk to my boss about anything because she has been out of town. this woman has went through my facebook my email everything i have. now my boss hasn't reported anything on her either because she apparently has been trying to prove and catch her on the camera but we do have on file where money has been missing and we do have cameras that record but our techinican quit and didn't give my boss the username and password
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no mam not that i can think of right now
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 24 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Would you please ask a more specific question that won't necessitate me reading a short book?

Doug