How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a general power of attorney on my only 94 year old

Customer Question

Hi I have a general power of attorney on my only 94 year old uncle , his step daughter moved in on them about four 4yrs ago and wont let me or my family in the house or near him,called the police on me wanted me to leave any way among other things his wife has dementia and he has more bad days then good wit his mind , well she has had his house signed over to her legally even though their mind is not good what can I do, what kind of lawyer do I need plz.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: austin texas, zip 78741
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i need to ck it out because this happened last week, but she gave him such a rough time and confused him and took him to her lawyer and got it don she had bee trying to get him to sign them for weeks and he would'nt do it finally he did
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I turned her into Adult protective services because i believe she is neglacting then abuseing and exploiting them
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Did he have mental capacity when he gave you the POA?

2) Does he have mental capacity now?

3) Does he want you to help him?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.