Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I received a summons from a local bank. Arakansas, It has

Customer Question

I received a summons from a local bank.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Arakansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It has been filed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I received a check from lending company in the amount of over 42K. I deposit it and after it was cleared, I withdrew cash 21K. Three days later the check was returned. The bank is trying to get it back asking me that I must do it within 30 days. I made three insurance payments with the cash. I don't have the money any more and can't come up with it in 30 days. The bank doesn't want to set up payment plan with me. They say that the will file judgement against me.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 30 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) Did this lending company turn out to be a scam?

2) What is it that I can answer for you specifically, i.e. what is it that you wish to know? For example - "How do I file an answer?"

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
the creditor refused to issue a replacement check.
Expert:  Ely replied 30 days ago.
Okay. So the lending company WAS a scam?
Are you asking if you can SUE the lending company?
Do you have the lending company's information (name, location, email, tel, website) so I can look them up to learn more about them, please?