How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 111449
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The person I won a judgment against lost his job. He had

Customer Question

The person I won a judgment against lost his job. He had made a few payments. I have since found out where he works now. His job is located in another city. The original city sheriff's department that served him says the sheriff's office in the city where he works now have to serve him. The sheriff's office in the city where he works now is saying the original city sheriff's office have to serve him. How do I find out which sheriff's office is responsible for serving him?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The sheriff in the county/city where he is located has to serve him with a valid court order. You need to go back to your court and speak to the judge to issue a court order directing the sheriff in the new county to serve the person and then the sheriff in the new county has to serve him, since the person is in their legal jurisdiction.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
When the judgment was originally served he lived and worked in the same county. Now he lives in the same county, but works in another county. So does the sheriff in the county he lives have to serve the judgment, or the sheriff in the county where he work have to serve the judgment?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 19 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay, as I was out of reach on a client matter the last several days.
If he still resides in the same county, then the same sheriff can serve him at his residence, but to serve him at work you would need to sheriff in that county to serve him at work.

Related Legal Questions