Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can I contact a persons employer if that person is

Customer Question

Can I contact a persons employer if that person is harrassing me while on the clock? I have filed police reports and have repeatedly asked her to not contact me, in any way; however, she continues to contact me. I blocked her cell number and now she is emailing me. She is a truck driver and while most emails are when she is not driving, there are numerous emails from her while she is driving her truck.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if an employee is calling you and harassing you while they are getting paid to work, you can notify the employer that the employee is not devoting entire time to their work by harassing you while on the clock. It is not illegal to contact her employer.
Also, if she is continuing to harass you, then file harassment charges and also go to court and get a civil order of protection to stop her continuing to harass you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.