Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I was injured by my brother, I have a signed agreement from

Customer Question

I was injured by my brother, I have a signed agreement from him stating that he would pay me but he has not kept his word and I have been out of work for 4 months now. We live in Hawaii, He is planning to move to California and I think he is going to shine paying me anything else. Is there something I can do?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 30 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 30 days ago.

You can sue him here in small claims for breach of contract for up to $5k without a lawyer.

Here are forms and self help to allow you to do this.You have great facts to get a judgment for all including the filing fees.If necessary you can then record it in California as a foreign judgment and collect there.

http://www.courts.state.hi.us/self-help/small_claims/small_claims

Sorry you have been mistreated this way you can sue here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate five stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 30 days ago.

Small claims cases in Hawaii are heard in the Small Claims Division (District Court).The courts are designed to be easy to use, inexpensive, fast, and a lot less formal than the other state courts.The person or business that files a small claims lawsuit is called the plaintiff. The person or business that is sued is called the defendant.