How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40615
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was injured by my brother, I have a signed agreement from

Customer Question

I was injured by my brother, I have a signed agreement from him stating that he would pay me but he has not kept his word and I have been out of work for 4 months now. We live in Hawaii, He is planning to move to California and I think he is going to shine paying me anything else. Is there something I can do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

You can sue him here in small claims for breach of contract for up to $5k without a lawyer.

Here are forms and self help to allow you to do this.You have great facts to get a judgment for all including the filing fees.If necessary you can then record it in California as a foreign judgment and collect there.

Sorry you have been mistreated this way you can sue here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate five stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Small claims cases in Hawaii are heard in the Small Claims Division (District Court).The courts are designed to be easy to use, inexpensive, fast, and a lot less formal than the other state courts.The person or business that files a small claims lawsuit is called the plaintiff. The person or business that is sued is called the defendant.